Korean Pleasures

....of the aesthetic and gastronomic kind.

Like fate carving out our impromptu evening, with the prodding of my girl Thursday Emmy steers me to Tony and Jackey in Morato for a different take on my layered do. A few snips and cuts later from our nice Korean girl stylist Gina, we happily settle at a next door Korean Chicken place named SakuSaku Chicken (*sakusaku = meaning crunchy crunchy delicious chicken). How convenient and very themed right?

I have never been there and have not tried anything of its kind before. So my expectations of korean chicken was zilch, as in zero. We ordered their basic 4 pc. chicken (sweet soy & hot garlic combination) upon the recommendation of our friendly waiter Erwin. After a few chika minutes later, comes a plateful of huge chicken parts, 5 pcs, because of a 4 + 1 promo or maybe they were just so happy to see us? I forget. Lol. Too hungry to remember.



See how crunchy and big it looks?? One bite from the Sweet Soy flavor kept me going at it, to the bone! It was just plain delicious. No fanciful word to describe it. The Hot garlic is unspeakable, literally. I couldn't speak after the first bite. It was hoooooot! But its zestiness is the kind that goes well with beer, if I may say. Overall, it was a pleasant lip-smacking meal with a roughly chopped coleslaw on the side that helped wash off some spiciness. But who would want to forget the zinging taste of that? Memorable indeed. And as Emmy concludes, "even better than BonChon". Both in size and in taste. Hmmm...now that I have to judge for myself.

With or without a Korean chicken precedence, SakuSaku is tops for me in the crunchy, tasty and hot chicken variety. It's a definite recommendable place to eat, without the crowd and noise. Sarap talaga, promise!! (really delicious, promise)

Comments

Joy Mendiola said…
yum, yum. mabisita nga minsan.
downstairscafe said…
Thanks for the comment, sorry for the delayed reply. Lol

Popular Posts