There's something about Rosalia

Laling. 
Mommy Rose.
Simply, our Mama Rose.

She is fondly remembered as that smiley old lady who frequented long walks around the village, with a long stick and her fancy sombreros. Befriending every neighbor, every security guard or store owner nearby like it was part of her routine. 


Our sweet, ever so gentle & almost angelic Mama Rose, an epitome of a graceful, nurturing Lola we were very very very grateful to have. 

She took care of us unconditionally, and her memories will forever stay with me.

It was her languid footsteps ( in towel slippers ) that woke me every waking dawn of my pre-school days until highschool.

It's her gentle and attentive ways of caring for me when I was sick that made me feel better.

It's the way she covers me with a blanket that billows first in mid-air and lands on top of me in perfect precision.

It's her soft laugh at every funny remark or simply just to be appreciative of what you have to say.

It's her reassuring statements that made me strong despite the biggest blunders of my life.

There's something calming about being with her. Like being blessed by the Pope for a minute, but instead I had her for a good number of my growing up years.

There's really something about our Mama Rose that makes me want to shake my head and say "wow lucky me" really. My childhood days were happy and problem-free because she was in it. Not making me feel like there was anything missing or to remind me of our unusual family predicament. She, my mom and Papa Al completed the pretty picture of our family and I'm eternally grateful.

Oh Mama...

I will miss you every time I see a bowl of oatmeal. Or a papaya slice. Or chico. Or somebody suddenly dancing the chacha. 

Then I will miss you all the mornings of my life then? But I guess that's a good thing. You will be a constant reminder of the kind of love I should be sharing to my Nina too.

Miss you mama. I love you so much. 



Comments

Popular Posts