Hot Day calls for serious Ice Cream!!

Plus loads of food of course....so off to Magnolia House we go!

Just knowing about the old Magnolia House and saying I've had many childhood memories here, gives away how young I am. (wink) And I am a Magnolia baby, I've had an uncle who worked for Magnolia for decades we literally grew up with parties filled with gallons or carts of Magnolia Ice cream. 

Being an incessant lover of food of any kind, I am hard to please. Be it service or the actual dish order. So our lunch here was a pleasant suprise. 

The ambience was bright and homey. I especially liked the colorful chairs and lamps.




The food priced at around P200-300 had hefty servings. So my daughter and I being the first ones who arrived, we ordered the bestselling appetizers.

Nachos P 180 - 
A must-order while waiting. It was towering and i love the beef taste, it's not your cheap-tasting one from the fastfoods. The cheese dip, perfect we asked for thirds of that w/no additional charge. Midway we asked for additional toppings and they obliged too. Goodie right?


Buffalo Wings P 240 - Sweet & a little spicy, just to my liking. 
Could give Friday's a run for their version. 


Hungarian Sausage -
 It's really an appetizer but my Lolo ordered this w/ extra rice. Good idea!
My Tita was looking for more sauce but i found it appropriate.
To each his own i guess.


Bestsller Pick:  Spaghetti with Meatballs
I'm not a big fan of spaghettis but this was very meatie 
and pasta is cooked well. 

Mango Vinaigrette Salad - 
didn't get to taste this but from the reaction it was just ok

Creamy carbonara:
Love that i can see the bacon bits clearly, compared to other pasta places 
where they try to hide it with the cream 
Must come back for this.

Other orders worth eating again (with no photo) is the Mac & Cheese for kids. The potato wedge sidings for the Pork Spare ribs is another favorite of ours, in fact we ordered an extra plate of that!

Another fact I loved is that the dips that go with the meals are different everytime, unlike other restos where they serve the same ones whether it's a rice meal or an appetizer. Bravo to that thoughtful detail, Magnolia House.

For dessert (this is i think what my grandparents looked forward to the most) was of course the ice cream! 


All in all, it was a sumptuous meal from appetizer to dessert. I'm going back to try the Beef Stew which I heard is delicious. Plus of course another humongous serving of banana split perfect for this scorching season.

Another important shout-out to our waitress Mary Anne or Me-Anne was it? (LOL) She was very efficient and knew the bestselling dishes right off the bat. Confident, attentive and accommodating to the "padagdag" whims of my Senior Citizen guests, she was always happily obliging us.

Magnolia House is a perfect haven for families looking for filling, comfort food without the frills. I also commend the guys in the kitchen for serving all dishes warm.

Drop by one of these days. Literally, just to "chill".

:)

Comments

Popular Posts