"What do you do exactly?"

I am often asked this. By relatives, by friends, by friends of friends, sometimes I wonder maybe I should put a big sign on my chest and describe what a copywriter does. That i do not PHOTOCOPY. I do not COPY stuff nor do I "copyright" anything.

To some who are totally unaware, I give a quick roll call of my curriculum vitae in 5 minutes or less. Leaving a stamp in their minds that "I provide/write the words while the Art Director designs the AD". Simply put, but of course I do more than that.When i smell a possible project that follows that question, I keep an online folio to show what I've done. Well, some of it.

When I used to work fulltime for an Ad Agency, I explained to my cousin (who is experienced in being a TVC commercial extra) that part of my job in a Creative Team is to watch the shoot and make sure Client achieves what they want in their TV Commercial. Then she reacts and says, "Ah kayo yung tawa ng tawa sa loob ng airconed room, tapos dahil sa inyo paulit-ulit kami." (So you're the ones who keep laughing inside the airconditioned room and because of you, we do a lot of takes." HAHAHA Funny observation, but yes right-smack-in-the-middle true. Thought she missed out on the "always eating" part. So there.

Today, as freelance creative, meeting new acquaintances outside of my industry can set me back to that question again. (see blog title) So, I therefore conclude, I need a business card. Defining ME minus the resume litany.

For inspiration, I saw a lot of very unconventional and creative samples that are simply amusing.

Here are some faves that are memorable ones & most importantly needs no explanation.







Watch out for mine! ;)

Comments

Popular Posts