Life is not all heehaw

Children puke, swear, and aren't always cute as a button.
Couples disguise disdain with perfect family snaps.
Rooms are messy like an episode from hoarders.
Our wallets groan in pain yet we consume food and things, like there's no tomorrow.

These are definitely not  Facebook-worthy posts, yet I'd want to hear about it. Real life as it happens. Complete with all the "ouches" and "yikes". Instead we are voluntary witnesses to the digital universe's onslaught of perfect moments of the so-called THE life....that the unfathomable sweetness is almost killing me.

Of course people want positivity and all that. But "fake" posts gets my goat.
I want reality. Not half-truths. Not made-up 'creations'.

Life is not all roses. We know that too well, already. But why paint it pink and happy to make me wanna feel sick or comparable to a torturous "Twilight" series showing all night?

So let me impose, paint me a reality of imperfection.
People....Life....is so not perfect.
Please?

Love,
Miss Imperfect


Comments

chiaramamma# said…
i love that picture perfect canvases get your goat ! as it does me!!!!

like i've told someone once -- hunny, do NOT make the mistake of believing everything you see/read on facebook .. cos imagine 900 million sea of humanity who are finally afforded their 15min+++ shot at err.. fame ?? now half the world has 'something' to say! or -- make themselves of, rather!

now to satisfy your thirst for random FMLs .. funny how I've been wanting to post this on my page --just cos more oft than not it's what's screaming in my head --

that .. it's sorely amusing that people think I'm primped pretty to go, zit-free & all ----

when .. the only time I ever step into a salon is when my boys get their haircut while I sit & read ONLY. .. i get mani-pedi twice a YEAR if i'm lucky.. i dont ever have a hair dryer cos i never know how to use one .. andddd loads of "happy sads" (as i'd like to call them) go on & forth!

ergo, my (few) hair's a heap of bad days -- my toes are mostly beastly my husband begs me not to go out in open-toes anything! lol -- and yes.. I pass gas that only a husband can take ! LOL .. all that, except my armpits dont need whitening *roll eyes*.. but needs plucking like clockwork ! !

Hahahaha hahahahahaha ha !
there, there. thank you. for having me, through this..let the cat out of the bag ;) *dighay* lol!
downstairscafe said…
Exactly, people either take your Facebook value as THE only source about you. Whichh gives me to say, if somebody intentionally 'creates' a persona to fool people, i think it's pretty wacko.

As for you, if only your other friends KNEW exactly how u are. HAHAHA

You should really blog Chiars, i love the way you're so passionate about ur opinions too.Or rather how's ur book coming along?? (WINK)

Mwah missya gollum sis :)

Popular Posts