A Birthday Reverie

This birthday year has led me into temporary bouts of introspection, unintentionally. An imrpromptu b-day bash executed by my girlfriends somehow got me into thinking really about the friendships i have or had in my life. Stumbling on this FB Note entry tonight just seemed serendipitous and expresses exactly what I still believe is true. 

------


"It's not how much you say to a friend that matters, but how well they understand you when you tell them things." -BJ (this is only me! hehe)


This is how i gauge the purest friendships i've had through the years. Oftentimes, we find ourselves with a bunch of people, all of whom you've toasted with, joked around with, asked rare questions to - and such seemingly "superficial" banter. Unnkowingly though, we all create a certain, powerful bond that gives a nice feeling even days after the hangover subsides. I have friends in different circles, and without other friends knowing it, they have somehow carved a distinct "etch" in my heart...for their candidness, their openness, their sincerity...and sometimes, even in their quietness. 

Kampai to all my great friends! And those who have potential to be one in our lives! :)



Comments

Popular Posts