For the young and the listless

Seeing the amount of sadness and envy in this world leaves me perplexed sometimes. I don't know what happened in between. Nowadays kids in their 20s are impatiently looking for that get-rich-right-away formula, some feeling like their life is about to collapse, others pose so much pressure on themselves to look-like-this, get-this-and-that and have-it-all. Depression and discontent flood our social media sites like it was a natural thing to do. Real life being played on Facebook with all its battle scars and bruises. Although I like the hard grit of it all, I can't help but wonder why our young have become too sad too soon.

During my 20s, I drank a lot. Laughed too loud. Offended people at some point. Made lots of friends too. Bar hopped when I can. Ate whatever I wanted. Spent whatever I had. Went to impromptu out-of-towns. Flirted.  Kissed in public. Finished off every one else's tequila shots when they didn't want it. Danced for hours. Walked the streets alone, out of tipsyness. I was in constant bliss. Like nothing can hurt me. The hiccups along the way was like non-existent the next day. 

I've lived enough crazy to say I have lived my 20s according to MY standards of happiness. Nobody else's. Life was simpler then, pre-twitter. 

Oh how I wish every young soul be unburdened by things that bother them. Sweetie you're too young to be so sad all the time. 

Snap out of it.  Grab a beer. Everything goes blurry when you're drunk. Lol.
Wake up and realize you're wasting your time sulking. Better days are ahead. Just believe it.




Comments

Popular Posts