Swirls & scribbles

I pick up my pen and focus intently on my starting point. 
Lines drawn from point A to point B. Some kinda squiggly, some more definite.
I am drawing out of gut feel rather than from perfect measure.
No pencil markings to start off with, simply holding my breath and 
diving in with a precision borne out of divine intervention? I don't really know.

My curves are irregular. My dimensions oftentimes different from the original.  
But the imperfection gives it character. The flaw imprinting my signature style.


Oh how this fulfills me on a whole different level. I take deep breaths at every stage of one picture. As if to exhale all my worries away, as if to express "i can do it, I can do it!". And though halfway finished, it already looks so beautiful to me. 

Thank you lord for helping me rediscover this part of myself.
Through uneven lines, swirls and scribbles, there I was again.


Comments

Popular Posts