The One with the Paper Scissors

I've let my hair grow longer over the years, and yes it was my attempt at looking more "womanly".But like many women, I suffer from thinning hair due to hair loss (dozen of strands every shower, you'd think I had cancer) dry hair caused by frequent coloring (oh yes, i'm in need of color every 3 weeks! yikes) 

So you see, I've been very much dependent on my stylist. Do this, don't do that. Have this treatment. Oh come back next week. Why do I have to rely on them so much? Don't I have the capacity to control my hair the way I want it?

So one morning, borne out of my innate impulsive nature, I took one glance at my long & lifeless hair in the mirror and a decision was made. Looked at around for any kind of scissors oh yes "paper scissors" mind you and just chopped away. In a simple 3 step process, my 'womanly' mane is gone....

1.  Divide hair in two parts. 
2.  Right side, snip.  Left side, snip.
3. I get a triangular part for bangs and snip diagonally.

Oh yes call me crazy, but I did it! It wasn't perfect, but It felt good. I guess I'll still let my stylist refine it to the style I found which was exactly what I wanted!  I saw Joyce Bonelli on Khloe's instagram feed (and yes I follow the Kardashians, no judging me please!!) I think she's a great reference for beauty and hairstyle too check out her MakeupByJoyce tumblr


Now If only I can color my hair blonde.....hmmm...



"Oftentimes, in life, 
we can't control situations and people,
BUT we can control the way we look.
Thank you, my paper scissors!" 
- barbwired10

Follow me on instagram 

Comments

Popular Posts