Monogrammed me



The first-ever monogram dates back to as early as 350BC when Greek cities issued coins using the first letters of the city's name. On the other hand, artists and craftsmen used monograms as their signature on paintings, sculptures and furniture pieces. 

On a more personal note, the charm of monograms has been present in our everyday lives as long as I remember growing up. My grandmother has a fanaticism for it, i'm sure you can all relate. Towels with red stitching on the sides. Nail polish monograms painted on the bottom side of our individual drinking glasses. It's in the little things. Those mundane items which point only to you.

Our initials serve as a symbol of our identity, as reference to higher executives in the corporate world or sometimes even used as verbal or written endearment to a loved one. No matter how it's used, it's essentially a personal reference to you and only you.

Here's my own monogram in my trademark swirl style. I am currently developing a series of letters or maybe the whole alphabet while I'm at it! Do you like it? 




Comments

Popular Posts