The Un-Writer in Me (there's no such word)

I haven't been posting anything lately. Blame it on my Unipin.

Being a copywriter half of my life, I think when it came to my break time I choose to NOT write purposely. I try and break away from the keyboard and grab my sketchpad or brush instead. Nowadays I'm very much smitten with this side of me that I didn't know I had or could even have the time to develop. Crosshatching is becoming a habit. Watercolor paraphernalia has taken over my bedroom space (Yes, sadly I can't separate myself from this). One time I found myself resenting the thought of catching a deadline, when all I wanted to do was finish a sketch i started the day before.

I'm not alone in this right? A part of me NEEDS to write for a living, another part just WANTS to paint all day long! Yes, this is a dilemma but I've learned to live with it - while wishing hard that somebody will pick up on my art and I can finally earn from it. I'm letting life and God show me the way.

So here goes, I want to share with you with some of my sketches and if you're intrigued enough, look me up on Instagram as @curiouscat_art . Critique me, like me, hate me - any feedback is welcome. I am not a professional and I don't pretend that I am. I am just overwhelmed when friends and colleagues support and encourage me to keep on with it.

I will write more of my thoughts next time. For now, enjoy @curiouscat_art !










https://instagram.com/curiouscat_art/

So what do you think?  Hope to see you!


Comments

Popular Posts